1. Getting started — Personalize your experience on Markid! 🙂
While setting up your profile, put in details like your little one’s age and gender, categories of goodies you’re looking for, as well as your brand preferences. Once you’ve set this up, you’ll find an inventory of items tailored especially for your needs!
2. Is buying on markid safe?
Please refer Buyer Protection section.
3. Finding the best product for your kid. 🧸
- The simplest way to shop is by using relevant keywords in the search bar from the “Explore” tab. 🔍
- ‘HANDPICKED’ items are based on personalized details you’ve provided while setting up your profile. ‘JUST ADDED’ items are those that have been newly listed by sellers. You’ll also find listings that are closely associated with items you have searched for recently or in the past under ‘BASED ON SEARCH HISTORY’. ‘ITEMS NEAR YOU’ will show you listings made by sellers close to your own location. 🏷️
- If the item you’re searching for isn’t yet listed on Markid, you’ll receive suggestions for equivalent or related items. ✔️
- For best results, we recommend applying filters such as gender, size, condition, price range, shipping type, brands, and location. ☑️
4. Buying is as easy as A, B, C! 😄
- If you know what you’re looking for, you can use the search bar to search using specific keywords and hashtags. #️⃣
- If you would like to browse for what’s available, start with the Shop tab to find recently-listed local items. 📜
- Select the neighborhoods you want to search across or try broadening your search to include items available to be shipped. 📍
Found something you like but not ready to make an offer yet? Make sure to ‘favorite’ it so that you can come back and check it out later. ❤️
- Really like items from a certain seller? Start following them by clicking the Follow button on their profile so that you can see their listings on your “Following” feed and be notified when they post a new item. 👌
5. I just made an offer. What happens next? 💬
When you make an offer, we send a notification to the seller to confirm the item’s availability. The seller has 24 hours to accept, counter, or decline your offer. Offers are binding so be sure you are ready to pay the amount you offer!
6. My offer was accepted by the seller. What happens next? 📦
Once an offer is mutually agreed upon, you have 24 hours to make the payment for your purchase. Depending on what option the seller has chosen, one of the two delivery options will take place:
- If the seller has selected meetup as the delivery option, you and the seller will use the “Chat” icon on the item listing to find a time and place to meet. 💬
- When you meet with your seller and receive the item, inspect it before accepting it. If you go home with the item without inspecting it, we will not be able to help you with any disputes afterward. 🔍
- If you’re satisfied with the order, make sure to provide the 4 digit payment pin to the seller. You can find this in your messages tab under your seller’s name . 👍
- To ensure that the seller delivers the item as described, we do not release the payment to the seller until the buyer confirms receipt of the item. ✔️
- We will send you a confirmation email regarding your order. 📧
- You will receive another email from us with the tracking information once the seller has shipped the item. 📭
- When the item arrives, you have 48 hours to confirm that your purchase matches the description in the listing. If there are any issues reported after the 48-hour window, we won’t be able to guarantee a return.
MEET-UP TIPS 🙂
- When coordinating a meet-up, we strongly recommend picking a public location to meet up. 🗺️
- Keep your conversations within the app. Do not put any personal info in the message, including your address, email, phone numbers, account number, and any other sensitive details. ❌
- Be friendly, punctual, and polite when communicating with the seller. 😇
7. Can I cancel my offer? ⛔
You may cancel an offer before the seller accepts it. However, all offers are binding once the seller accepts your offer. When the seller accepts an offer, the item will be immediately marked as SOLD. Please make sure you’re certain that you like an item before you make an offer.
8. How do I report an issue with a purchased item? ⚠️
All deliveries carry a Markid promise to buyers and therefore we’ll provide our complete support to resolve delivery issues. You can reach out to us with any problems at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When an item is delivered through Markid, you have 48 hours from the time you receive the item to verify that its condition matches the description in its listing.
If there are any issues (damage is not mentioned in the listing, or the item is not as described, or an item is missing) please let us know immediately and we will gladly assist you in resolving the situation. 💬
- If there are discrepancies, report it to us and we will initiate a review. Both buyers and sellers may be required to provide additional information to assist us with the review. 📝
- If the item is found to be misrepresented in the listing, i.e. it does not match the listing, or an item is missing, we will cancel the transaction and initiate a refund to the buyer. The seller will be responsible for the return shipping of the item. 🚫
- The buyer will receive a prepaid shipping label to start the return process. The buyer will have to ensure that the item is packed and shipped back to the seller within 3 business days, in the same condition as it was received. 🚚
9. Buyer protection on markid
How buyer protection works
When an item is paid for and shipped through Markid, the buyer may be protected if certain problems occur. Buyer protection covers up to the original purchase price of the item for eligible issues, as described in this document.
Before you file a claim
First, contact the seller to ask for a refund. You have two days to do this after the item arrives. You can always ask the seller questions in chat, let them know the request is coming, or send them photos. You'll need to tap “How's the item” and then tap “Contact seller” to request a refund.
If you don't get the answer you're hoping for, you have two more days to let us know.
If you bought an item via nationwide shipping, you and the seller can sort out many issues yourselves. If that doesn't work and you request a refund through Markid, we'll keep track of your request and the response, and help you out if you can't reach a conclusion.
Let the seller know if you didn't get what you expected. They can respond to your request through Markid.
What is covered
The following scenarios are covered when an item is bought and shipped through Markid:
- There was undisclosed damage to the item
- An item is incorrect or missing
- The item received is not as described
- The buyer's payment is held by markid until the transaction is complete. The transaction is considered complete if no buyer protection claim is made within a 2-day period after item delivery. At that point, the payment is released to the seller.
- Once the payment has been released to the seller, all sales are final and no refunds will be issued.
What isn't covered
- An item doesn't fit or the buyer doesn't like it
- An item is prohibited by markid
- Any purchase that was made in cash or with an in-person cashless payment
- The purchase was conducted through payment or shipping systems outside of Markid
How to use buyer protection
- Within two days of receiving the item, let the seller know if you didn't get what you expected. They can respond to your request through Markid.
- If they decline or do not answer, Contact Us at email@example.com.
- Markid will review the request and take corresponding action. Markid may request additional information or documentation, and reserves the right to deny buyer requests.
- On approval, markid will provide return instructions, and the buyer will handle the item accordingly.
- Markid will issue a refund up to the original price of the item, sent to the original form of payment.